Crisis! Now What?
There are lots of very good PR firms paying for ads on the search engines with a list of top 10 things to do in a crisis. Basically telling you that when you click on these paid ads, you know that you can count on their firm for the same stale messaging they’ve been peddling since the beginning of time. We don’t use those ads, but then we don’t need to. Twain Group North America brings specialized nonpartisan crisis communications messaging and branding tailored to the crucible of national politics and our ceo suite clients.
The last few months in the United States have shown us how important nonpartisan crisis communications messaging really is; because when the partisan sides are revealed, then the politics take the first seat, and the crisis the second seat with no good results. This is exacerbated through digital technologies and the warp speed of message delivery in a 24-hour real time global news cycle; brought home to each of us on our smart devices, cell phones and computers.
So here is our list:
What not to do for balanced, nonpartisan crisis communications:
- Freak out, even to yourself.
- Behave like you are in crisis.
- Take the partisan approach.
- Ignore your engaged community/constituents/upset media.
- Act rashly.
- DO ANYTHING, without tacticals, strategy and a methodology for implementation.
- Fail to interpret the connection between the message failure, and the solution.
- Fail to understand the combined role of the search engines, social media and mobile platforms.
- Miss opportunities to directly engage your accuser/bad press/crisis head on.
- Enlist the service of those with the wrong training or lacking critical instincts.
Want to learn more about what Twain Group does for their clients in crisis?
TWAIN GROUP: A nonpartisan crisis communication and branding firm devoted to providing balanced messaging. Founded in 2011 by Julianne Shinto and Alan W Silberberg, leading strategists from divergent political backgrounds who have come together to address the scorched earth practices that are entirely too prevalent in local and national government.
CLIENT SERVICES: nonpartisan approach to cutting-edge digital branding, platform-positioning, speechwriting, stealth-point media coaching, micro-gesture analysis, strategic digital messaging and social media management, public private partnership creation for governments.